I am running for City Council because I want to lead us into the future while respecting where we’ve come from, and bring the can-do spirit of Redwood City that shaped who I am today to City Hall.
I grew up in Redwood City at a time when it was an affordable city where working families like mine could afford to buy a home. My two younger sisters and I attended Redwood City elementary schools and participated in Little League, AYSO, the PCCA Dolphins swim team, and the Peninsula Youth Orchestra that enriched our childhood.
My hometown is changing, but my deep sense of belonging and community support remain strong. Since returning to Redwood City after college, I have jumped headfirst into giving back to my City by serving with organizations that make up the fabric of our community.
The challenges we face are daunting, but by working together shoulder-to-shoulder as a community, I am confident we can tackle these issues. I pledge to bring my commitment to and experience in local government along with my lifelong community roots to represent all of Redwood City and move us forward.
My priorities are:
- Ensuring homes for all
- Easing traffic congestion
- Supporting small business
Record of experience
- Nearly a decade of experience in local government including constituent services in the Offices of San Francisco Mayor Gavin Newsom and Ed Lee
- Longest-serving current board member on the Redwood City Education Foundation
- Vice Chair of the Redwood City Complete Streets Advisory Committee
- Member of the SamTrans Citizens Advisory Committee
- Mayoral Appointee on the Redwood City Downtown Retail Task Force
- Member, PenTV Board of Directors
- Redwood City Chamber of Commerce Leadership Program Graduate, Class of 2015
- Former Chair of the Redwood City Downtown Neighborhood Association
- Co-Founder of We Vote Redwood City
- Volunteer with the Redwood City Parks and Arts Foundation
- Volunteer with Redwood City’s Casa Circulo Cultural
- Co-Chair of the San Mateo County LGBTQ Commission
- Co-Founder and Former Executive Director of the Bay Area Youth Summit
- Education: Stanford University, B.A.,Political Science